Halloween 7/24/365

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 38- Crypt details




Finally the first laying down of the 'dry wall'! This is really what we're waiting for: creating the scenery- fantasy , mystery and imagination! It just happened that I came across an old hot tub foam cover and it occurred to me that I could break it up into 'slabs' and create fake stone for the crypt walls! I had planned to just use the black sheeting like I always do but this somehow just came out of nowhere. These things will happen to you. As you're thinking about how you're going to make things more interesting, it's like magic how new ideas like this just pop up. I spray painted the 'slabs', then used both glue and nails to secure them to the wood frame. Although I didn't have enough to totally cover the walls, it will be much darker than shown here and the change in texture is very striking as you go from slab to sheeting to vacuform. It greatly enhances the illusion of more depth and space!See for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment