Halloween 7/24/365

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 49- Vortex update


Meanwhile the vortex project is continuing. We're a little behind schedule. What I am hoping is to have a structure we can actually test in the next couple of weeks. The 'half-hoop' assembly is complete (see image), so we have 6 of those which, again, will be assembled outside into 3 complete hoops. I did finally find some bike rims, which you can see in the background of this image. There is a lot of stuff people don't tell you about with respect to these projects, but if it weren't for the web I would not be able to even try! The hoops do fit in the rims but there is no room to spare. The experts say I might have to buff the edges down once I finally get it going. My carpenter friend suddenly got busy with a bunch of new jobs, but he still says he can finish what we need here. Next we will need to wire the gear motor so it can be tested. No I don't know how to do that either! I promise to have a special vortex page for this whole thing if I ever pull this off!

No comments:

Post a Comment