Halloween 7/24/365

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 22- Vortex update



Finally we've got things going on this! Now listen ghouls...you don't realize how big this thing really is until you start building it. The hoops are a good 10 feet high! I got a 10 x 20 canopy to protect the hoops from weather. I had to crank it up an extra 2 feet. I just used PVC pipe, 2 foot sections bolted onto the ends of the legs. We actually just got the thing up when it was dark so I will have more pics hopefully tomorrow. We completed the three hoops which you can see in these images. My son Ben who is 11 now was huge on this whole task! The 2 of us finished the hoops, put the canopy up while Peter the carpenter was working on the 2 x 3 connector boards. Now if you look on Scary Terry's website and scroll down to the end you see the diagram of how the 2x3's are supposed to connect to the hoops. Very confusing if you're not used to doing this type of thing. I've included a couple of images of how the holes are supposed to look. You place the T nut facing the bolt in the hole, thread it onto the end so the spikes will engage the flat part of the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment