Halloween 7/24/365

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 19- Elevator facade gets some brains!

I think it was last year that some good friends of ours got me this halloween gift for my birthday. It was a prop human brain packaged similar to hamburger meat you buy in the grocery store! At that time I really had no use for it in the haunt since it was a totally different deal than this year. Way too dark to see any props of any kind. Well this year I found a place for it! I removed it from the packaging and as you can see here, bolted it to the elevator facade top where it has found a home as the 'pointer' for the individual floors: 'F' for foyer, 'M' for morgue and of course, the crypt (alias map room). Now there is some kind of gooey red stuff they put on the prop to make it more realistic I suppose. What happened was that in the process of placing a bolt through the brain center, I squeezed out some of the red liquid which then dripped onto the skull elevator door knobs creating a serendipitous bloody skull! Amazing! You just never know what can happen during the haunting process!


Meanwhile I did manage to get all the vortex hoops assembled and ready to go just in time before the next low pressure system moved in with rain. We plan to connect the motor and set up the bridge on the weekend. So it took probably about 8 hours in 2 days to assemble and connect the hoops and put up the canopy. Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment