Halloween 7/24/365

Saturday, October 6, 2012

2012- Day 25- Corpse arms road show

Completed corpse hands and forearms. Don't worry about the apparent hand to forearm width difference. The collars will hide those transitions!
I have to work on the road this weekend and here at an old colonial inn in New England. This place could easily be a haunt. It would be perfect! Huge rooms with 30 foot ceilings and hardly any sunlight coming in here. Very few people here. Lots of empty space. At any rate I decided to bring the materials I'm using for the corpse chandelier. Today the rest of the latexing was finished for the hands and forearms. I had to shorten the forearms from Merlin's original design because I don't have as much space in the mansion hall. The hand to forearm transition will be hidden by the collars which I did paint but have not yet attached here, so you will not see the edge of the pvc against the hand like you do here. Tomorrow I will paint the extremities a nutmeg brown color. One thing I found was that in order to make the forearms look more realistic they have to be  a little wider at the base. I used the cotton balls but also added tissue wrapped around the base to hold the cotton in place after applying the latex. You can then use a toothpic or pencil etc to draw in the tendons and tissue planes

No comments:

Post a Comment