Halloween 7/24/365

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 65- Elevator panel complete!

Is this haunted elevator actually moving? Or is it your imagination? Hmmmmm.
As you can see we finished the foam portion of the panel complete with the brick and cracked rock. It's actually a simple technique. I took a sheet of foam board and mounted it onto the panel frame with screws and glue. Foam board insulation sheets you can get from home depot or building supply. You take a small dremel tool drill bit and load it onto your drill and then cut out the grout lines. I then sprayed with a grey flat paint. Now I understand the grout lines are not straight! Don't kill me for that Ghouls.I think it does actually look a bit ghoulish myself! I added some additional cracks to enhance the effect. It is very creepy with appropriate lighting! For this application I think it is fine because remember this panel will be moving the split second after the light shines on it. No one will have enough time to tell. They will be overwhelmed by the motion effect!  The floors will appear to the guests as top floor brick, then rock, then crypt at the bottom! I agree that if you are going to have a full set on display for a long period of time with this fake foam board brick, you need to make your lines straighter.



No comments:

Post a Comment