Halloween 7/24/365

Saturday, August 4, 2012

2012 Day 88- Crypt upgrade plans

I did happen to be at Disneyland earlier this summer and believe me I am taking mental notes every time I have the opportunity to go out there! All of the props and sets are carefully analyzed. I don't mind the lines for that reason. It gives me plenty of time to think about possibilities! This year it was the Indiana Jones ride that showed me the way to making the crypt more tomb-like! Of course Ghouls, the hanging vines! They're everywhere! So while the vacuform panels and the fake stone as well as the corpse are all great, we can definitely ramp things up. The ceiling needs some work. I mistakenly put the shiny gray side of the foam boards facing down so when painted black they were still shiny and we didn't have enough time to do anything about it. Well now we do! We need to repaint the ceiling a neutral earth tone and what I plan to do is go outside in the back of the property and gather up a bunch of twine, which we do have incidentally, then hang that in various areas around the crypt and from the ceiling and paint those as well. That will make a huge difference as well as the webbing created from the gun! I think it will be amazing when it's done!
Current state of the crypt ceiling. Foam boards painted black but way too shiny. Needs some work!

No comments:

Post a Comment