Halloween 7/24/365

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 107- Map Room gets corpsified!

We added the corpse prop as planned. It's a great prop. I've been using it for years, but I think this year it will really stand out. In the past no one could really see it because either it was too dark or they passed it too quickly. This is a classic corpsified skeleton. You take a skeleton and modify it's appearance to look more like a real corpse through a series of processes which vary slightly from one haunter to the next but all yielding the same result. In my case, I did this several years ago. I started with dark stockings stretched over the skeleton, followed by cutting the stocking up and then going through a sequence of shellack and stain applications incorporating thin twine to look like pieces of flesh. I think it came out pretty well. And yes it is missing the left leg, but I think it looks even more real with a missing leg, don't you? If you google 'corpsing a bucky' you will find many how to's on this. In any event I added a third I-beam and wheel as you can see just for the corpse but learned from the recent difficulties we had with the wall blocks and made sure there was plenty of space this time between the block and the I beam. As a result the corpse easily gets pushed along as the wall moves forward!I didn't have to add a whole separate pulley mechanism for it and just have a simple pull back cord to reload it at the end. I will dress it up with some chains to hide the suspension cord soon.
So now we just need to reinforce the I beam frame and finish the wall detail to make sure the added weight on the crush wall is still OK. We are also going to be starting the elevator platform! Coming up fast on day 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment