Halloween 7/24/365

Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 3- Winter storm approaching

Unbelievable! Last year we got hit with a rain noreaster but now it's 6-12 inches of freaking snow! I give up. The canopy is definitely NOT rated for any significant snow loads! So I suppose I will have to be out there every hour getting snow off of the roof. This will be interesting to say the least. Monday on the other hand is supposed to be fine weather wise so perhaps I should be thankful that we will have 2 days for snow removal!
Today we will see if in fact the cannon can be used this year. The end hall framing and sheeting will be finished off. This is going to be very quick and simple with a straight hall leading into the vortex, strobe light and hanging props. From the sides there will be a couple actors entering for scares. I hope I will have time for some video before the show begins!
We discovered yesterday after some testing in the front hall that you can't attach anything to the drop panel. I destroyed unintentionally 2 of my 'gortraits' trying to secure them to the panel. Unfortunately there is too much impact force for anything to last, so for now we will leave it as a blank black panel almost as though a picture has been removed, and the ghoul actor will pop his head out from behind the panel when it drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment