Halloween 7/24/365

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 2- Air cannon installed!

Lot's of freshly brewed frogsbreath on hand as we finish up the last parts of the haunt and work well into the early hours with all the goblins and ghoulies from halloweens past! Yes, the cannon looks like a go after all!. I've never done anything with pneumatics in the past and decided to try this out. The misconception on these cannons on my part was that it isn't the rush of air that scares people, it's the loud noise (see video)! It sounds like an air gun that carpenters use for nails etc only louder. This one was easy to set up and does work very well. Actually 'DC props' who make these are very nice folks who respond quickly to emails and provide great customer service. They told me exactly everything I needed to get this to work safely and properly. More of a hassle is the air compressor which you have to buy separately (I didn't know that at first. Many vendors who sell these do not give even a hint that anything additional is required). The compressors use a lot of juice and I tripped several garage outlet fuses before realizing I had to use an outlet from inside the house! Keep that in mind. However, once the compressor is full it does not make noise at all until it has to refill. I had it unplugged and fired off many shots before it needed more air.

Finally we got the end hall framed out. Can't believe I am still building with 2 days to go, but it went up quickly and now the haunt structure is done! The end hall is also simple and will have some hanging props, strobe light, fogger, actors entering the hall to scare people from the left side. And then on to the vortex....let's hope it survives the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment