Halloween 7/24/365

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 7- One week left!

Well it's been pretty crazy this time around and I can't believe how fast this came! While it's going down to the wire it looks like we will barely make it. The elevator platform was completed at the end of July and just yesterday I finished the ceiling, sound and light! We spent many hours on the detailing for the elevator and map room as expected, but I think it was well worth it. The vortex interestingly this year was almost like an afterthought in terms of the build. It went up easily without any glitches. Actually it's totally done now except for the lights and some lightproofing we want to improve on this year at the end of the tunnel. Really the only thing left is the front and back hall which will be a quick frame and sheet, a couple of lights for the ghost hall with some sheeting there and a little finish stuff in the crypt. Unfortunately we might have to defer the air cannon to next year. I was going to set it up yesterday only to find out I didn't have the clamps I needed to secure it. We'll see if they can get it here by week's end and if I have enough time to deal with it. Over the next several days I will try to post as many images as possible, not necessarily in any order.

No comments:

Post a Comment